PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2012, 13:46
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is a reason why a bunch of guys have left/will leave for Skymark and other Asian carriers recently
Who are these guys you're talking about, E165? I know of 1 who has gone, 1 who will almost certainly go and 3 others who might.

We know the 1 who has gone; captain, great guy, sorely missed and who just kept his word that he would go if certain conditions weren't changed and they weren't.

We know the one who will almost certainly go because there's a chance he'll get DEC there, when he'll never get his command at AJX.

That leaves us with the other 3. All of whom are FOs who are interested in Skymark only if they can go there as DECs, rather than wait another 8-12 months before they get their commands at AJX. I can't help but think they might be being a little short-sighted but I'm also certain they'd have other reasons for going (tax, paid for accommodation etc), so each to their own and the best of luck if they do go.

'Other Asian carriers'? Well, 1 went at the end of his contract and is now almost certainly going to go to Skymark, so I don't think he was too happy with his choice of alternative airlines (I'd be interested to know who PD has been talking to because I don't know who the happy ones are in their new jobs). It would be great to see him back in AJX but I don't think that would happen by his choice.

SO, yes, we've had a couple leave and a few more that may but the impression that floods of pilots are leaving is just not true and, as ever, there's a lot more said than done!

I'm obviously suffering from Stockholm Syndrome because I'm still here, despite being very, very pissed off when they screwed up the integration. However, I've done a LOT of homework and have come to the conclusion that it is still the best CONTRACT job around. That is clearly a lot different to a 'normal' job and, if I knew then what I know now, I would not have left the regular side of things for a contract job. However, having made that decision, I'm still certain that this is the best of the bunch in our world. They still have a long way to go to get it right (again) and I'll help in any way I can to get there but I think anyone is deluding themselves if they think there's a better contract job out there.......and I agree, Jepp amendments really suck