PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will it go back to the old times?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2012, 12:40
Allioth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will it go back to the old times?

Hi fellows,

I'm just trying to get an idea of what the current situation will lead us to...

Do you remember the old times? When everyone with a licence would easily get a job (obviously, relatively easy)? I have a friend who was hired by Ryanair and all they asked him at the interview was if he liked their cabin crews!!

Anyway, here came 2009 an everyhing went down hill: companies went burst, loads of experienced pilots around, no recruitment from anyone...

Three years have passed... Things are starting to go back up... but just how good will they get?

Unfortunately I finished my CPL/IR training JUST in time for this economic nightmare... Had one interview with RYR and () I failed it!

I let my IR/ME rating expire last year because with the job I have now, I cannot afford £1.600 renewal fees every year... Also let my medical expire...

I'm waiting for some better times to renew everything... Because paying all that money for "maybe" a one only chance of interview in a year... looks a bit crazy...

Do you think I'm doing the right thing? Anyone else feeling this way, or in my same position?