PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Living in China - Families
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2012, 12:13
Cachorrao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the problem is bigger than that.

For a long time, we had experienced pilots unemployed. Right now, I am experienced and I am looking for one. So, it is not exactly like there are jobs laying around for anyone who wants to live in the shiny tropics. If things were easy, I would not be looking forward to go to China.

The problem, imo, is that the companies are using this to pressure pilots to maintain the 'status quo', or, in plain language, to keep treating us like sh@t.

If there was a lack of pilots, I would not mind having foreign people flying here. But that is not exactly the case.

One should think about the big Brazilian expats. Why would they leave if the country is warm, women are beautiful and the beer is cold ? Because the working situation airline wise sucks. It should give something to think that TAM is the biggest airline in Brazil. I still think it is unbelievable that they joined Star Alliance. For me, TAM joining SA is like one getting the representation of Breitling and start selling fake watches.

Another thing to think about is WHO would come here, given so many Brazilians are not up to take the crap they are given.

So, I am not against foreign people. I just want that the market demands a number of pilots the country does not have, a situation that, today does not exist.

If conditions would get better here, you would see a flock of people returning.