PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia's plans for 2012
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2012, 05:25
Gate_15L

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It makes sense that VANZ sometimes operate VH reg aircraft it is my understanding VANZ crews need a NZ licence as well as holding and Aus Licence ( to fly the VH aircraft). Have only heard this third hand though so I may be wrong.
That is correct. All Virgin Australia (New Zealand) (VANZ) Employment and Crewing Pilots hold both Australian and NZ Licenses and both are kept current by the company so they can fly VH tails.

99% of pilots are now company employees of Virgin Australia New Zealand Employment and Crewing, a Virgin crewing company.

I have heard that yes, they are looking at a merged seniority list across the board however there is a bone of contention that Brisbane will not recognise prior time spent as a contractor. Some of the PB/VANZ guys have been there for 7-6 years. Probably much to the relief of Virgin Australia crew.
The only seniority date would be when Pacific Blue Employment and Crewing came into existence..

I've heard 100 out of 140 pilots are now ALPA members... could be something brewing...