PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2012, 04:47
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yoyo: Hadn't really thought about whether Charles was still with is but, if he is, then good for him!

Shane: You've come up with some great material in recent months and this shot of BJR is a classic example. Had been unable to source anything on her during her Irish tour so this (together with CVR's comments) is most helpful.

Looking at your image one does see that it is somewhat different from Yoyo's mid-70's shot and this, combined with the fact that she is wearing Irish Helicopters titles now makes me wonder whether she ever in fact served with Denis.

You do understand my supposition however .. there were (to the best of my knowledge) no other UK/Eire based 206's wearing half white doors except those in Denis' stable and had EI-BJR's/G-AYMW's fuselage been a copper-gold colour then the similarity would have been too much of a coincidence!

Denis de Ferranti's copper-gold with white panels colour scheme as seen on EI-ASW

G-AYMW (mid-70's) wearing a similar scheme including the single black stripe running along the bottom of the upper cowlings

DOWN UNDER!

John Friedrich's empty-containers-for-cash funded LongRangers c.1982

South Australia's first dedicated aeromedical aircraft, LongRanger VH-BJX

9 Network's LongRanger VH-TCH at Darling Harbour in February 1982