PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help Save a Flying Boat Company!
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2012, 20:34
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had we kept quiet, finished the work and returned flying with the blessing of the expert and the two engineers I'd be off on the most lucrative series of flights ever for our company. Instead voluntarily opening the door to the authorities has closed it on our business.
A lesson to be learned by all. Inviting involvement of the regulator when there was not a need to, invites this sort of problem. Some of these guys cannot help themselves and will always find something that needs to be rectified. They have to prove that their visit wasn't a waste of time, and in some cases, also show that their knowledge is superior, and even worse some have egos that need to be stroked.

As I was told once on another aviation related matter, "Only tell them what you have to"

Perhaps also your comment
a number of people are quietly approaching me whispering of secret agendas behind closed doors.
also casts some light on the matter.

Unfortunately I fear the only path to resolution is the slow bureaucratic path, these sort of people are not known for backing down, they don't need to make a dollar to live but they can strangle you with their impractical rulings.

Good luck.

Last edited by 27/09; 20th Feb 2012 at 04:43.