PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Faa Cfi To Jaa Fi
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2012, 16:05
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The difference between Amdt 3 and 6 to Appendix to JAR FCL 2.305 (or 2.300 HERE UK CAA) is giving me headaches. The information quoted by BillieBob is from there, but it seems to be under the rules for training for JAR FCL licences by non-JAA isntructor and the rules continue in appendix, for training abroad solely.

How does that translate to the reductions? I'm told by one of the heli school's Chief Pilot that the 'short course' rules will be cancelled or still not known what would be.
TWO MONTHS FROM NOW??
I can't fit in all the stuff I have to do this year, into few months, so I am also interested to know what'd happen. Current FAA (C)FI that needs to be used towards JAA/EASA FI(H), but not before April this year.

I thought the abridged course is not available outside UK, but now I see the regs on other national CAA which has the Amdt 6 App to JAR FCL 2.305, but as the title of appendix says, it's for training for JAA licenses outside JAA countries.

I looked at NPA 2008-17A HERE on EASA website, but only see cross-refencing of 2.305 on page 49, in line with the title of Appendix in JAR FCL to EASA Part-FCL.

AFAIK, the UK does the transition period after 8th April, right?

EDIT: Done with skimming through the EC 1178/2011 (EASA Part-FCL) HERE
No mention of FI certificates (not ratings, as per EASA speak) and conversion.
AMC and GM to Part-FCL looking up HERE didn't help either. So without the transition period, it's over, right?

Last edited by MartinCh; 19th Feb 2012 at 17:59.