PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B, Stuff that I have found.
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2012, 11:42
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

via baswell #274; Not that it will help our delusional friend BingBoy, but to put things into perspective:...
via baswell #278; You mean all those posts about where the terrorists will get us with GPS guided bomb-drones? And that as such, GPS will eventually be taken away from us?

Oh wait, you just made another one!

Even if it is a credible threat, that doesn't mean GPS is going to go away, is it? Last I heard, we still have airliners, rental trucks, petrol and fertiliser, as well as (in the US anyway) easy access to fire arms.
Hmmm... well, baswell, i dont actualy see much of any thread relavence to your comments. Offering up the unconnected dramatic "THE RISK OF TERRORISM" graphic seems a bit piontless.
To date there has been very little in the way of terrorists using bombed up GPS guided UAV's so how do you know what the actual impact will be on the general populance ? I'm thinkin once them terrorists start using GPS guided UAV bombs with the ability to hit within one cubic metre of air space they will probably be a bit selective of the targets - probably be political or business leaders.

"Last I heard, we still have airliners, rental trucks, petrol and fertiliser"

baswell, if you had been reading the many threads on this subject yer woulda seen the main senario i have been presenting is of small GPS guided UAV bombs launched from outside Australia's territorial boundry. It is very hard if not imposible at this time for Oz to counter such a threat apart from turning off the GPS 'targeting signal'.

baswell re your reference to "airliners, rental trucks, petrol and fertilisers" they are the possible tools of Oz based (i.e. in-house) wanna-be osama's. To date Oz security has a good track record of stopping those bad boys before they get to far - e.g. them footy bombers.

One of the side effects of being very effective at stopping the 'in-house' terrorist attacks is them bad boys have to look at launching an attack from outside the country.....