PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is casa's Insurer???
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2012, 04:18
Up-into-the-air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
casa's Insurer

The following from the current Senate (12th February 2012) has some information from Anastasi, when asked a question by Senator Eggelston of Western Australia:

Mr Anastasi: CASA has brought no action against those persons or the company. On odd occasions it has been either Polar Aviation and Mr Butson’s applications either to the tribunal or to the Federal Court. Obviously, when a party is aggrieved with an administrative decision of the authority they can seek review in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal. As I said, I am happy on notice to give you information about our legal costs in the tribunal proceedings. But in terms of the Federal Court proceedings, again commenced by those parties against CASA, we are not privy to Comcover’s legal expenditure.
I have looked at various casa annual reports and can find no reference to Comcover as casa'a insurer. It will be interesting to see if casa declare this in next years annual report!!!

Senator Eggleston says (in part):

What bothers me is that this is a small company. CASA represents the Commonwealth government and has used the financial resources of the Commonwealth government to try to shut down this very successful and respected airline in the Pilbara. I would like to have—and I ask for it to be provided on notice—a detailed summary of the costs incurred by CASA in the various legal actions against Polar Aviation.