PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2012, 03:23
risk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all who complain & those waiting for a decision to make

To the moaners:

I reckon it is prudent that any wrongdoing of any sort, even if it is something trivial, should be reported to the person/entity responsible & as well to the authorities. Regardless of whether they react or not to it and/or fix it is secondary. The most important thing ‘FIRST’ is to report it, i.e. do your ‘due diligence’ part. Obviously so, the repercussions are very important & that is when you use forums like these to rally support. So whether you were a student, are one, or planning to be one, please go and report it first.

To the ones who are waiting for a decision to make about joining or not:

Personally me, I am close to an age where if I start flying I ‘might’ not get a job, I have an EXCELLENT paying job in my own field that I do like…but I do not have the cash to invest in flying… oh and by the way I would have to lose my job if I were to join AAG….BUT… I have a bug up my backside (that does not seem to die with any amount of insecticide) that keeps me awake at night ‘day dreaming’ about me being a pilot….
So I have decided to be patient (even though my age hasn’t paused)… I believe it is best to let the dust settle. Let’s observe what happens to the first batch AFTER their contracts with AA expire & until then what kind of contracts do the latter batches get. During this time AAG might start changing ‘stuff’. At the end of the day they are a business and would like to stay as such, therefore they WILL HAVE TO adjust themselves to avoid closure.
Air Asia is also contemplating opening an LCC here in Knoteetingham… so there will be job openings & Air Asia already has MPL grads…

So overall do the RIGHT thing, complain if you feel something is violating the laws, be it ethical or governmental. Also, if you feel something is wrong (for those who are waiting)… wait a bit more & see what happens, but yes, don’t wait too long, at the end of it all you have to risk something…

Lastly, I believe we are all grownups & its forums like these that provides us a platform to debate amongst us about everything, good, bad, truth or lies… so kudos to all of you, be you a supporter of AAG or otherwise & to you too, the silent observer …

Hopefully all our bickering here shall bear fruit one day & the next generation of hopeful cadets (which hopefully shall include me) will have a clearer path to tread.

Over and out.