PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 19th Feb 2012, 02:29
RR_NDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sub heated Pitot's

Hi,

These companies no longer invest in R&D? And the bureaucrats do not rely on the TECHNICAL experts or not pay attention to the REGISTERED incidents?

What I was saying is that, so far, I've not yet seen any reports of substantial research into the 'unusual' pitot icing leading to UAS events, or any 'proposals for rule making' based on such research.
Remember the patent filed by Airbus SAS using OPTICAL approach.

As an engineer, I design to specs.
The problem is above Engineering level, you know. The HIGH ROCKS failed and probably are still failing to solve the problem.

And the short duration of the "inconsistent output" of current probes suggest we are near the required electric power.

IMHO this is a typical INERTIA of bureaucrats. It seems lack of diligent Technical experts in order to KILL the problem.

Analog devices are no longer "attractive"? The Engineers are losing the ESSENTIAL feeling due the "Digital revolution"?

Like pilots under the FANTASTIC digital paraphernalia losing the basic ability to fly safely when they need it most?

A design that put triple redundancy to deal with (sensor) failures that OBVIOUSLY will occur SIMULTANEOUSLY is RIDICULOUS, IMHO.

And after all, not train adequately the crew to operate these A/C is