PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2012, 00:34
JacintaMerri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posted on the qantas website 2 days ago. It's the Qantas Group profits. As you will read - the profits from each Qantas Group Airline are separate
In saying that, yes, a percentage of Jetstar's profit will have to go to keeping Qantas afloat.

About Qantas - Media Room - Media Releases - QANTAS ANNOUNCES PROFIT RESULT, RESPONSE TO ECONOMIC CONDITIONS

"Jetstar achieved record underlying EBIT of $147 million, up $4 million on last year’s first-half earnings."
“Jetstar continues to increase capacity both domestically and internationally,” Mr Joyce said."

I wouldn't post these things on here if I wasn't 100 percent certain of it's accuracy.
As for the other things re: overnights and commissions.

I can't quote for the overnights as it's come from a protected document - if you ask a Jetstar FA that you know -I'm sure they'll tell you about it but I'm not going to risk my job.

The commissions - it's simple mathematics. The average whole day earnings from on-board sales is $2000. Let's say, 5% of that goes to commission, divide it by four(A320) (all commission is split between the crew) and you can EASILY get between 3 to 500 per month.

Up-sell, up-sell! UP-SELL!! Hahaha...

Re: trading flights - yes, we can but it is strictly between Altara employees only.
Re: the bidding - Unless you're a Jetstar F/A, you won't know about it yet - It only came out a month ago.

If anyones interested - here's another great article - the link says it all!
Qantas cuts international services to grow profitable domestic market as Jetstar grows all around | CAPA

Sorry for the essay....I wasn't expecting so many people to reply!!! And I'm a bit of a and i love my job