PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel chart
Thread: Excel chart
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2012, 21:08
boofhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excel chart

I am trying to make a weight and balance chart using Excel (line chart). I need to display the points in series for the empty weight, landing weight and takeoff weight.
My problem is that I cannot make the series show if the empty weight is a calculation result. The weight and cg for the empty weight is a result of a Choose function, using various types of configurations, thus it is a calculated value. I have seen that if I use a fixed value for the X axis instead of a calculated value, the line draws, but if not, the line does not show at all. The other values of the line are also calculated values, depending on the fuel on board at takeoff and landing, but they don't seem to be a problem, just the one given as a result of the Choose function and just the one axis.
I have tried to make the field a General display as well as a number, no change in the result. I have tried to make the value a simple calculation, with another field being the Choose result and the field I am trying to use be an = value, to no avail. Something I am missing, since I know this can be done and I have done it before, but I would appreciate help.
I need to make this work in Excel version 2003, because the people using it will not have access to anything later than that.