PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Website Part 11
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2002, 10:26
blackburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't remember whether this has been mentioned in the last 12 pages, but I note that the FIA frequencies and their boundaries are to be removed from all charts, and I understand that the process has already started in AIS to do this. I am unsure if this includes the ATS sector frequencies as well.

This appears to be is another directive without thought of the implications.

Open Mike was asked for the reason for this at the last Victorian RAPAC and he stated "Chart Clutter" The questioner stated that he had never heard of any complaints in relation to this. There was no further discussion on this at that meeting.

One wonders at the dificulty in finding the corect frequency and its area of coverage after these are removed. I have thought that the amount of chart clutter caused by printing the frequency and the boundaries was more than acceptable given the relevance of the information. Maybe they think that the removal will only affect the VFR traffic - the traffic they don't want in the system. And is there to be a different rule for those IFR pilots that suspend IFR to enable a VFR or VMC Climb/Descent in Class E - or do they too become invisible to the system.

I note also that the blurb that came in the Mail this week described requests for the Area QNH as unecessary radio transmissions!! I just get angry when I see such crap.