PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 18th Feb 2012, 15:49
Hamburt Spinkleman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It makes sense from the fbw protection philosophy, as the STALLSTALL just after a/p drop indicates an AoA approaching aerodynamic STALL.
It does not make sense from any philosophy. In any case the sidestick was pulled back before the first stall warning.

I continue to hold to the uncommanded Pitch Up theory of cause, especially when the pilot's inputs appear to have been additive, should the a/c autoclimb theory prove out.
Nowhere does it appear to have been additive. The pitch behavior was consistent with sidestick movement.

Wind shear can easily account for sufficient immediate excursions in IAS of 100 knots and more, an immediate explanation of loss of autopilot and acquisition of both STALL and OverSpeed (in that order) protections, IMHO.
The aircraft was in alternate law 1 second after the AP disconnected. There is no overspeed protection in alternate law.

I do not agree with the "PIO" idea of Roll dynamic. The evidence points to a chronic (controls neutral) roll to the right. An obvious reason would be damage to controls, perhaps a partially unstowed spoiler; these were intially deployed, then retracted, by PF.
The spoilers/speedbrakes were not extended until 2 minutes after AP disconnection.

Aside....
I cannot make heads or tails of this last paragraph, but suffice to say normal law ended when the AP disconnected.