PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2012, 14:45
Zippy Monster

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Because the harrier guy has been selected at all stages for his SKILLS rather than how much money is in daddy's wallet.
Without getting into the whole CTC vs self-improver debate, which has and continues to be done ad nauseum here, one question - why is it always assumed that it's 'daddy' who pays?

There are plenty of guys and girls who do CTC/Oxford/other fATPL sausage-factory and put up all the money with all the associated risk themselves.

By all means argue against the route into the industry - I very much do not like what it has become (it has changed substantially since I started at CTC way back in the day) and I absolutely understand the arguments being put forward against it here. Sometimes I look out of the window on a 4hr+ sector with the AP on and wish I'd given myself the chance to experience more 'proper' flying before getting into an Airbus. I wouldn't let my kids follow the same career path that I have so far for a multitude of reasons.

But from first-hand experience, this notion that all integrated fATPLs have been given a £120k present from rich relatives is, in the vast majority of cases, inaccurate. There are a few, but they are the exception rather than the rule.