Old 18th Feb 2012, 14:00
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Maching Bird,

Originally Posted by MachinBird
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by roulishollandais
I liked very much your “air" combat with Iceman50
Originally Posted by MachinBird
Roulishollandais, you may has mis-perceived this interchange.
Basically When Iceman50 stated he was a Naval Aviator, I knew
exactly what his training background was before his airline career,and
he knew mine.
It means that if you were flying hundreds of miles from your ship in lousy weather and your navigation system packs up followed by your communications and some of your critical systems, you can still fly his wing back to your ship or a divert field after you pass your HEFOE signals, even if he is a brand new Ensign.
He was saying that his Airbus is easy to fly (for him) which I believe fully. It also points at inappropriate fundamental ATPL training standards as an additional causative factor for AF447.
If I unvolontary have hurted your high sense of egality and your humility, I apologize .
To hope some pardon could I edit my post, replacing "air"combat by "Naval egality" or "Naval confidence" ?

At reading the some agressive Iceman50's post, I felt he was throwing you a curious challenge...

Originally Posted by iceman50
Very condescending!
Originally Posted by iceman50
Perhaps you could also grace us with your practical / hands on knowledge and experience of the flying the Airbus.
( An Airbus pilot TRE/IRE, + 20 years military- Rotary(piston/gas turbine) fixed wing (piston and fast jet),
6 years Boeing (757/767) and 16 years Airbus flying A340/A330).
And I felt equity, regularity, in your answer, asset on asset. Probably I was not alone to feel that .

You also showed us your surprise and your happiness to find a brother in arms, and brothers in very accurate, exigent and engaged flying.
I liked that from both of you.

Your description from coming back safely after nav and com systems failure in bad weather far away from your ship is very adequate in this forum about the AF447 LOC in the ocean, and full of rich humanity of our pilot community, Naval and not Naval, whose Home is in the sky...

Best regards, with regret to have been an "insider" in your interchange..

Last edited by roulishollandais; 25th Feb 2012 at 17:52. Reason: bb code