PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2012, 11:53
99jolegg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a thought, but why does everyone blame CTC for the way things are?

Since you all must know (because it's common sense) that easyJet was the sole instigator in the birth of Flexi-crew. eJ knew they could get the product for cheaper, so told CTC to make it happen. CTC weren't happy about it because 1) they would earn less money per cadet 2) quite a step backwards in terms of marketing not having their 100% employment record into airlines.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending CTC, I think they take too much money for too long from cadets who are flexi-crew but I do find the notion that if CTC had said "no, we won't do it" eJ would have crossed their arms, sulked and accepted it, a little ridiculous. From what I can gather, CTC were told to make it happen or the contract would go to another provider. When CTC tried to negotiate with eJ on the birth of the flexi-crew contract, there were times that eJ (well, a certain director) effectively told them to put up and shut up.

So I agree with Bealzebub, really, the shifting sands has come from the rise of the LCC and their realisation that they can get the same product at a cheaper price, not from a training provider. If CTC didn't exist, another school would have filled the void.

Like I say, just a thought.