PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2012, 09:39
Danfromaus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacinta and Hope89
Qantas Domestic, like Jetstar is adding capacity into the domestic market-something like 5% for Qantas Domestic, alot more for jetstar. lots of opportunities so I wouldnt worry about them 'losing' any cabin crew in melbourne or any other base. You may have to wait a few months before starting Ground school but then once you complete you will not have to wait at all before starting flying-youll start flying ASAP! You need to.

Qantas Group includes EVERYTHING they own. When they report, its for the WHOLE group including Jetstar, sure Jetstar made a nice profit, but other parts didnt (the profits from one part help subsidise the losses from another part of the group)

During interviews and training they talk everything up! Even during my Qantas training they talked it UP (being casual), your best off asking someone who has the same contract what its actually like, that way you have a realistic view of what will happen/what you will when out online.

People do jobs for different reasons, some people really really want to be cabin crew, others just 'find' the job-you shouldnt judge anyones intentions as to why they are doing it. After all, you could end up being the person leaving sooner rather than later.

I would suggest to anyone who posts anything to be sure about what your posting, cause it may come back to bite you-especially when speaking about your fellow trainees who may actually read theses forums too-your all ONE TEAM.
(PS-sorry about this long as post)