PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WATERFORD Airport
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2012, 08:49
irish laddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say the schedule is spot on now. If you are leisure passenger heading for north London you have a choice of any day in the week, if you want day return for business in London you use SEN. Would it be fair to assume we wil see no GLY flights this year from RE?
Of course that depends on your perspective. Unless you happen to live in Stratford or work in the City, from most other parts of London it is still hard work to get to SEN, wothout even mentioning the journey times when theres engineering work on the rail line to SEN etc. No doubt SEN has a bright future on bucket and spade/european routes, but for the Irish market I remain to be convinced.

Regarding the stats, what was the full schedule on WAT-LTN last winter? Diden't some BHX flights make way for the current enhanced LTN schedule in winter 11/12. Probably made commercial sense for RE as I'm sure it must usually be easier to fill a aircraft to the LON region rather than BHX.

P13 has the WAT-LON stats for anybody interested.
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/80/airport...nal_Routes.pdf

Whatever way the routes are cut, the main thing is it's great to see WAT have a solid schedule of traffic this summer between flybe and Arann.