PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2012, 06:38
longer ron

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Makes me laugh, Sean Penn has a view contrary to the majority on here and suddenly he is a washed up, talentless nobody! Love or loathe his opinions but he IS hollywoodroyalty and a fine actor.
If you say so...personally I find him to be a mediocre actor turned publicity seeker or worse !!!

'Ownership' of certain land masses can certainly be a complex/emotive issue and many countries really have no moral high ground from which to preach to us.
The reasons for the Falklands issue appearing again are exactly the same as last time (trying to deflect attention from domestic troubles at home)...also the potential for Oil/Resources was already widely recognised in 1982.
I am sure that we can all think of Islands/Land masses occupied by foreign powers etc...
Have the argentinian european settlers given a timescale for handing argentina back to its original inhabitants ?
Apologies as I know other posters have probably said similar stuff already - but most modern countries are controlled by the descendants of the group which managed to militarily fight off other colonial powers !!