PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2012, 00:09
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all due respect, speaking as SLF that is faeces
With all due respect my job as a professional pilot means that you shouldn't need to be worried about that. Its part an parcel of my license and my personal standards that you shouldn't have to think about it. I am the buffer between the company and you in regards to safety. Apart from the fact I ain't strapping my arse into a unsafe aircraft/doing daft things, the pax get there as a bonus.

And BTW there are 4 films out there that are only allowed to be shown to professional engineers about what happens in a train crash. Its really not pretty.

And the Captain didn't definately pull them into beta. There are heap of issues with these engines with conditioning units off the torque gauges and it all comes off the maint of the aircraft. If they had gone into -9% torque that would have be 100 shp neg torque on one side with 60shp on the other. Although 160%difference is low compared to an engine failure at V1 its still alot of yaw I would expected that to be recorded.

Another technical issue is that the springs in the prop CAN'T bring the props out of beta in flight they just arn't strong enough, be it Dowerty or MaCauley. Its in all the flight manuals for the engines.

From my reading of the report is they started the GA from 100ft AGL (100 below mins) the accident happend after power was applied and they were getting it in both engines.