PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2012, 19:50
Teevee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mad jock wrote;

"O and 99% of pax don't give a toss what the situation is in operating an aircraft. All they care about is that one ticket seller is offering 56 quid and the other one 70 quid."

With all due respect, speaking as SLF that is faeces. We DON'T KNOW what the situation is in operating an aircraft, and we ASSUME that all is as it should be. I seriously think that if there were meaningful 'league tables' regarding airlines (there never will be for any number of reasons) then it WOULD make a difference.) How many people do you think seriously want to risk themselves and their families just to get a cheap flight/holiday? I talk to these people .. they are shocked and surprised at some of the things I've learned on here and pass on. How many SLF will actually KNOW where to go to read ANY accident report let alone the Cork one? How many just assume that an air accident is an air accident,just like a road accident is a road accident? A LOT. But I'll tell you this; even as SLF in the UK which isn't the most dangerous of places, if I take a flight I routinely have a look the airline. Most people don't. It never crosses their minds. Why should it? They don't when they catch a bus or train. And they don't see flying as much different.