PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2012, 12:48
Wetdream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think many of the people travelling on Eastern don't have a choice of who they travel with. Tickets are paid for by oil companies generally. Gone are the days of champaign and orange with Nobby's Nuts, I'm informed that they don't even supply crisps now the cynical might say that the saving in free crisps was probably spent on refurbishing the rocket, others might say it was to stop crews eating them.

The experience level in Eastern is overall quite low, the salaries are the lowest but the business model must work because the owners pay themselves millions. Which I guess they are entitled to do as it is there business.

Pilots will always be knocking on the door as will cabin crew because they see it as a glamorous job. Cabin crew don't last long generally due to over work and bullying from crewing if they try to stand up for their rights. The pilots generally never intend to stay either because they believe the grass is greener elsewhere, and believe me it is!

Those of us who escaped to good companies that operate in a more 'professional' manner will after the initial shock of realising how 'differently' things were done at times at Eastern will feel the warm glow of feeling valued and respected rather than being treat like something that dropped out of the back of the chief pilots dog.