PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2012, 10:17
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it that you want to hear (that hasn't already been said,) that would make it any less "vague" for you?
Nothing much really, I think you have exposed yourself enough. Both Studi (post nr 137) and ezydriver (post 138) have hit the nail on the head IMO;

And Norm, dear chap, a clear path for cadets one day becoming a full time 5354 captain with us? Really? In the past perhaps, but now? What radar are you using to see through the clutter to see this clear path? If things like the current Merlin proposal continue and certain ops directors get their way by the time someone joining today as a flexi CTC cadet is ready for command the job will be unrecognisable compared to the t's and c's you and I enjoy now. The race to the bottom continues unchecked IMHO.
Once the amount of lower talented guys has reached critical mass in a few years, the people who were responsible for it have for a long time ridden into the sunset with a nice sum of money.
The only thing you are doing here is giving more fuel to the race to the bottom, but obviously you don't care much about what it does to future salaries. As long as your salary and contract is safe, right?

ADM says that he would advise his son to follow this route as the best "most certain" route into flying an airbus. Accepting that there is nothing "certain" about it, I would definetaly have to agree. That is the advice I would give to my son or daughter as well.
Let's face it, there are already way to many pilots out there, so why should anyone be entitled to go from zero to A319 in 200 hours?

What's this sheer madness of training more and more 200 hour FMGC button pushers in an economy where there are thousands of capable and unemployed jet rated pilots? And speaking of which, why doesn't EZY employ experienced drivers?
Expansion in cadet (entry level) programmes is increasingly going to follow this model. The schools themselves have spent the last few years investing in the infrastructure, and the airlines are going to tailor their cadet programmes around that infrastructure.
Could it be that airlines like EZY don't hire experienced pilots anymore because flying schools have invested way too much money in cadets schemes and need a constant stream of gullible souls in order to have enough turnover to avoid them going bankrupt? Is that why you are promoting this nonsense here, one hand washes the other? The airlines get cheap 200 hour cadets, the schools get money and you get your training jobs? And to hell with the consequences to T&C's right?

Still, as I said: it's very vague why anyone would be actively defending such a rotten system and be deliberately cutting into their own flesh like this, as clearly nobody is really benefiting from this except for a certain flying school and a certain airline...