PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Service Training PATH
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2012, 10:02
tiger88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should clarify on the MCC part. AST, or ACS, never had the facilities to provide the MCC and this was outsourced to other FTO's, namely Multiflight. However the cost and arrangements of the MCC where included in the initial PATH program but has been dropped for a couple of reasons. I was disappointed to hear this but its not the end of the world. Some recruitment by airlines is done at the MCC stage. So allowing the individual student to source the MCC for themselves at a preferred venue who may have some links with a preferred airline could be favorable. It could also allow the student to find the most financially favored option so overall there is a bit more flexibility. I was disappointed as i had factored in the MCC with AST, even having had it included in my initial quote, but upon starting the course found it was no longer included.

Regarding students ambitions, we are all in the same boat. We all wish to pursue a career in aviation with the majority seeking the airlines. This is no different to any other schools or individuals. But its getting into the airlines thats the tricky part, regardless of where you trained, as everyone knows. AST used to supply BA with alot of its pilots back in the 80's and early 90's. AST also has connections with asian and middle eastern airlines, more so from the engineering side these days, but it may increase your chances if applying with these certain airlines having trained with AST.

Hope that helps. I would suggest arranging a visit to AST in person, unsure where you are based but it would certainly help make a decision.