PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2012, 09:42
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very vague indeed why they are so actively defending a rotten system...
Because, as I have already stated:
This route provided a solid base into an airline apprenticeship, and for the succesfull applicants worked well. This same scheme is in many respects the same format as that recently adopted By British airways for their FPP cadet programme. It is also the format still used (in conjunction with CTC) by a couple of other companies still recruiting cadets.
Again, as I already stated:
Expansion in cadet (entry level) programmes is increasingly going to follow this model. The schools themselves have spent the last few years investing in the infrastructure, and the airlines are going to tailor their cadet programmes around that infrastructure.
And again:
ADM says that he would advise his son to follow this route as the best "most certain" route into flying an airbus. Accepting that there is nothing "certain" about it, I would definetaly have to agree. That is the advice I would give to my son or daughter as well.

So once again I ask, and perhaps this time you will actually answer.
What is it that you want to hear (that hasn't already been said,) that would make it any less "vague" for you?

P.S
How do you, as a pilot, gain anything by actively defending the "pay peanut, get monkeys" scheme which is undermining the entire industry? Aren't you afraid it will eventually dilute your salary, your T&C's and the value of your share options as well? Or are you compensating this potential loss somewhere else?
I don't regard it as a "pay peanut(s) get monkeys" scheme. I doubt of all the things that do dilute my salary, the experience levels of First officers who are recruited has a great deal of correlation at this point in time. T&C's have been influenced to an unprecedented degree, by the massive expansion in lo-cost operations. That expansion has been fuelled by demand, and survival for existing carriers is largely a matter of adapt or fail. I don't have any share options so as "a potential loss" it is an equally potential moot point as to where compensation might be sought.