PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2012, 09:28
Robert G Mugabe

I do not buy into Robert G. Mugabe's argument. If you fly with people whose performance is unsatisfactory then you have a duty to report that to the Training Department so they can be retrained to proficiency
I will always report people who's performance is unsatisfactory as I will praise people who's performance is above average.

However it is slightly unnerving when one gets gypsies warnings from trainers to " watch out for so and so as they are persistently of a below easyJet standard".

To observe the variations of flare technique on landing is mildly "hollow stomach inducing"

I have been in the simulator when my RHS colleague ( on first simulator after line training ) failed due to inadequate proficiency during manual flight.

When our SOP's are limited to the following it does imply a lowering of the mean standard

1. Flap 3 landings will not be trained during First/Second Officer line training.
First/Second Officers joining with no previous airline experience (i.e. OAA/CTC) will retain their AIMS 3* restriction until successful completion of their first recurrent simulator check

2. Max. X-Wind including gusts:– 15kts for FO (with 2 stripes)

3. No PLANNED tailwind landings for 3* F/Os, if the conditions change after the
commencement of the final approach the F/O should continue with the landing.
No Flap 3 landing for 3* F/Os unless in emergency requiring F/O & Flap 3
landing

My personal opinion is ; as I said before ; as a generalisation and an observation the latest batches of the product are not as good as they used to be. So either the training provided by CTC is not as good or the raw material is inferior. One Cadet up north allegedly was convinced the Med was the Atlantic when asked. Great situational awareness.

In addition most of those who struggle seem not to have a connection to the aircraft ( seat of the pants flying to old timers ). This must be due to the fact the training is on very benign types such as the twin star and dare I say it the Airbus. PowerAttitudeTrim and Attitude PowerTrim are concepts some would find foreign.

Your beliefs about the cadets would be very insulting to most of them - I just consider them my colleagues who need a hand from time to time, in the same way I did at their stage.
My beliefs about cadets has no reflection on how I react to/with them. Much the same way my thoughts with regard to gender/sexual orientation/colour and religion have no bearing to how I treat people. Each to their own as long as it does not affect me adversely.

Good luck to those about to pay to fly.Get value for your money.

Last edited by Robert G Mugabe; 17th Feb 2012 at 11:07.