PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen Airlines
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2012, 09:07
khomekuh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shenzhen Airlines increases the punishment policy

This is an e-mail sent from a Shenzhen Airlines Captain to the management of Foreign Pilots Dept. on February 2012!

Dear Foreign Pilots Section
Recently I heard many comments about the new rules that affects our daily operation and please I want an official confirmation about this (I couldn't go to any of the safety meetings I was flying and now on vacations).

Rules that I understand are already in use now:

1- If you have an altitude bust, you are FIRED.
2- If you have a lighting strike, you are FIRED.
3- If you have a bird strike, you are FIRED.
4- If you have a hard landing, you are FIRED.
5- If you have a lost of communications, you are FIRED.

I don't know if there are any other new reasons to be immediately fired from the company that I should be aware?, Donald Trump will love to work for Shenzhen Airlines! (more on Donald Trump The Apprentice (U.S. TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

About the previous 5 reasons to be FIRED.

1- Living in a dangerous neighborhood…

Many people in this world has to live in dangerous neighborhoods with thieves, drug dealers and killers and have to adapt to that because they don't have other options, but that doesn't means they like that or that the dangerous conditions are right….

In a normal flight in China you will do around 10 to 15 steps climbing to reach your flight level, in Japan you do 2 steps, in Taiwan you do 2 steps, in Seoul you go straight to your flight level, in Kuala Lumpur was 2 steps too…..so in China you make between 10 to 15 steps more going up, and going down than the rest of the world…. That means in each flight 20 to 30 changes in altitude, that will be 16 to 26 times more than in a normal flight in most countries in the world…and usually with the word "expedite" "Rate of descend, climb 2000 ft or more" etc….

Yes I have to adapt to risk my job 20 to 30 times per flight, in a 4 days leg day I will be risking loose my job 80 to 120 times a day in an altitude selection mistake, yes is China, I adapt, I like it? no…the person living in a dangerous neighborhood likes it??

Flying in meters, China is one of 2 countries in the world flying in meters, the other Russia will convert to feet next year making China the only country flying in the world in meters…yes we adapt, that means is right?

And of course we have the "excellent" English of the controllers….

WE are humans and we make MISTAKES which means not in purpose and mistakes will keep happening no matter how big is the punishment…

2- About the lightings.

This is the lists of the known gods of Thunder, since my name is not on the list (and I don't recognize anybody from Shenzhen Airlines in the list) I inform I don't have the power to control the weather, thunders, lightings, etc….so if I cannot avoid a storm for more than 20 miles (almost a miracle in China to get a deviation of 20 miles…) I will just turn back to my departure airport or any suitable airport in the area, of course we are going to be the safest airline in the world, in bankruptcy…

More information about the Thunder and Lighting gods in Wikipedia List of thunder gods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (maybe can be included in the GOM)

List of thunder gods

Ancient Near East
Teshub (Hurrian mythology)
Adad, Ishkur, Marduk (Babylonian-Assyrian mythology)
Hadad (Levantine mythology)
Eurasia
Tarhunt (Hittite/Luwian mythology)
Zeus (Greek Mythology)
Brontes (Greek mythology)
Jupiter, Summanus (Roman mythology)
Taranis (Pan-Celtic); Ambisagrus, Leucetios, (Gaulish mythology)
Þunraz (Germanic mythology; Anglo-Saxon Þunor, German Donar, Norse Þórr)
Thor (Norse mythology)
Perun (Slavic mythology)
Perkunas (Baltic mythology)
Perendi (Albanian mythology)
Gebeleizis (Dacian mythology)
Zibelthiurdos (Thracian mythology)
Ukko or Perkele (Finnish mythology)
Horagalles (Sami mythology)
Indra, Parjanya (Hindu mythology)
Aplu (Etruscan mythology)
Atämshkai (Moksha mythology)
East Asia
Lei Gong (Chinese mythology)
Ajisukitakahikone, Raijin (Raiden-sama, Kaminari-sama), Tenjin (kami) (Japanese mythology)
Susanoo (Japanese mythology)
Americas
Thunderbird (Native American mythology)
Xolotl (Aztec and Toltec mythology)
Chaac (Maya mythology)
Apocatequil (Incan mythology)
Cocijo (Mexican mythology)
Aktzin (Mexican mythology)
Jasso (Mexican mythology)
Haokah (Lakota mythology)
Tupã (Guaraní mythology, Brazil)
Tunupã, Thunupã (Bolivian and Peruvian mythology)
Salar (Aztec mythology)
Africa
Egyptian mythology)
Shango (Yorùbá mythology)
Oya (goddess of hurricanes, consort of Shango Yoruba mythology)
Azaka-Tonnerre (West African Vodun/Haitian Vodou)
Mulungu
Xevioso (alternately: Xewioso, Heviosso. Thunder god of the So region)
Sango (Nigerian mythology)
Oceania
Polynesian mythology
Haikili (Polynesian mythology)
Tāwhaki (Polynesian mythology)
Kaha'i (Polynesian mythology)
Te Uira (Polynesian mythology)
Micronesian mythology
Nan Sapwe (Pohnpeian mythology)
Australia
Namarrkun (Aboriginal mythology)

3- About bird strikes

I am an Airbus Captain, not Dr. Doolittle (more information about Dr. Doolittle Doctor Dolittle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) so in my resume I didn't include that I am able to communicate with birds or any other kind of animal! so if somebody reports birds in the area I will just not take off, or go around and divert to the closest airport without birds to avoid the possibility of get fired (by the way once I hit a bird at 23.000 ft…try to avoid that!).

4- About the Hard Landings

Airbus and Boeing recognizes Hard Landings only reported by the pilot and to be a hard landing must have some kind of structural damage, the company has this information requested to Boeing to save one of his Chinese Captains from loose his license, strange is the only case that I know that Boeing information (were clearly states that you cannot use the QAR to define a hard landing) was used to save one of the company pilots, this information is never used to protect a Foreign Captain (from a non existent hard landing), actually Shenzhen Airlines never had a hard landing! (or there is any record of damage due to a hard landing?).

5- About lost of communications

I understand that the periods of time to consider the communication is lost have been reduced to a very short periods of time, so again my procedures will be every 2 minutes request a radio check during all the flight, I guess if all Shenzhen Airlines flights do the same the communications will be blocked to other airplanes, makes sense?

In every flight I can loose my job around 20 to 30 times in a possible altitude mistake, 1 time per landing with a possible hard landing that doesn't really exists, the complete duration of the flight with a possible loss of communications, depending on the weather a few more times with a lighting strike, and depending on the migration patterns of the birds a few more due to a bird strike…..as you can imagine I will not be flying very relax and probably due to my high level of stress I will make many mistakes including the ones on this list and probably many others, I guess Shenzhen Airlines should be ready to have the worst period of mistakes ever due to the level of stress and fatigue the flight crews are facing now.

And of course since my possibilities to get fired are now increased in like 500% if not more I am starting to search for a new job, since I have a family and responsibilities I guess I am not the only one and Shenzhen Airlines soon will be very happy to don't have pilots at all to make mistakes, my Co Pilot told me the other day that he don't want to fly anymore….that he prefers to wash dishes than keep flying in this way….(and he is Chinese…)

Have a nice day.