PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2012, 08:42
PPRuNeUser0178

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re NSF's comments about the guys struggling just needing help in getting more experience. I agree with the principle, however I disagree that flying one of our buses on the line is the correct theatre to be doing this. I believe travelling joe public might have something to say about this if a serious exposé of our experience levels was conducted in a more public domain.

As for CTC, my and others experience of them matches the old geezers topping up pensions description above. I came from a TP background and had themissfortune to do my 737 rating at CTC. Having allready witnessed training in another airline arena, I had something to compare CTC with when I arrived and the place and it's attitudes were shocking, very unprofessional and different SOPs every day depending on what background today's instructor had. It was nothing but a greedy self serving sausage factory then, since infecting our career with its cancerous ways I do not believe it has become any better.

I do have children who are interested in aviation. They will NOT be going near a CTC cadet scheme if I have a breath in my body or with my cash. In the same way as Captain Sully described on the hill, I do not wish my kids to follow me in my career. I would not inflict the indignity of it upon them.

And Norm, dear chap, a clear path for cadets one day becoming a full time 5354 captain with us? Really? In the past perhaps, but now? What radar are you using to see through the clutter to see this clear path? If things like the current Merlin proposal continue and certain ops directors get their way by the time someone joining today as a flexi CTC cadet is ready for command the job will be unrecognisable compared to the t's and c's you and I enjoy now. The race to the bottom continues unchecked IMHO.