PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2012, 23:27
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with BA's limited domestic network from LHR, I bet I would end up comming in on BMI or whatever, and then getting stuck in T1 again,
Well BMI's is pretty poor too - LBA. MME, INV all gone, no more competition on GLA. So the only place they can feed from that BA don't is BHD.

Now here's the reality - you can keep on hating LHR, that's fine, you aren't alone. Others tolerated, and some even love it. For now though, it is still Europe's busiest airport, and the others are "catching up" as much due to having loco flights as due to expanding their status as a hub.

Some people hate CDG - see above.
Some hate AMS - long walks.
Some hate MAD (maybe it just drives them mad).
Some hate FRA - and so on.

Why? Is there some serious design flaw with all of these airports that Foster's recycled HKG design could somehow miraculously solve?

No - the biggest reasons why people hate these airports relate to the fact that they are too big, too crowded, too impersonal and so on.

You still haven't given me your PSC figure - and like Paxman I'll keep asking. I think we're upto about #12 now, so to beat Michael Howard you've got about 5 to go.

Until then, we can only assume that charges will be high, and the overcrowding won't be solved because designers will be under pressure to get as many stands in as possible in the constrained space between the runway pairs, as this reclaimed land will be at a premium.