PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2012, 22:19
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no sponsor - just to remove any doubt from your mind, I have nothing to do with CTC. I did not enter aviation through them and agree that their stranglehold on new entrant flying is not good for the industry. The fact is, nonetheless, that they have become the primary way into airline flying. I am not agreeing with that, but recognise that if you want to become an Airbus pilot, that is what you must do. I actually agree with EZY, that we should be taking pilots from the turboprop community (that is how I came to fly an Airbus). It is also true to say, that taking people from such backgrounds does not guarantee success at all - we have had our strugglers from there too.

I do not buy into Robert G. Mugabe's argument. If you fly with people whose performance is unsatisfactory then you have a duty to report that to the Training Department so they can be retrained to proficiency. It is always difficult to judge people by their comments on PPRuNe - I know that myself due to the countless inane assumptions made about me at different times. Nonetheless, given your attitude, you may find you are one of the Captains that the cadets dread being with, and consequently their performance suffers accordingly. A Captain can go a long way to create an atmosphere as well as destroy it. You may indeed be a great guy who is expressing genuine concerns or a pain in the neck who people dread being with - only the people you fly with will know that. As we all know, the worst CRM catastrophes are the people least aware that there is anything wrong with the way they conduct themselves. Your beliefs about the cadets would be very insulting to most of them - I just consider them my colleagues who need a hand from time to time, in the same way I did at their stage.