PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are Qantas competing on price?
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2012, 22:07
OhForSure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there are some credible points to your argument. Not bashing anyone specifically here... but modern managers seem to hold a deep seeded obsession with cutting costs. It leaves the obvious question: "What can you do to a business when there is nothing left to cut???"

Qantas has plenty to cut, but what will making those cuts do to the airline in the process?

I have spent the last 2 weeks flying all over the country with Qantas. I can honestly and proudly say that the service was absolutely brilliant in all cases. Even when flights were full, F/As were helpful and friendly. I am aware that it isn't always the case... but in my recent experience, despite all that is going on internally, the Qantas service was exceptional. Upon arrival in Perth, a passenger left an item of cabin baggage onboard, the CSM, despite having already finished for the day, returned to the aircraft for the passenger and when he reached the aircraft was told that the bag was forwarded to baggage services. He proceeded to reclaim the bag from baggage services and return it to the passenger so that the passenger could transfer flights (in absolute minimum time) without having to leave airside and re-clear security. This CSM could easily have said "Go see baggage services mate", especially seeing as he had just signed off, but he didn't. He went the extra mile, and I'm sure the passenger will never forget it.

This sort of service is what has traditionally set Qantas apart. These are the people who can help make this airline strong again.

Last edited by OhForSure; 16th Feb 2012 at 22:18.