PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting a JAA licence to an Australian one.
Old 16th Feb 2012, 16:00
nicciq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
redsnail:

Thank you! I've read a lot of your posts and I hoped you would have some advice.

Yes, I want to move there permanently. As for the visa, I think I will qualify for a de facto visa.

If I convert my CPL ME/IR, with frozen ATPL-theory, do I get all of that? Or do I have to do the theory again? Or do I get an ATPL as soon as I get enough hours?

Thanks for your input. More than half of the people at this course will be FO's at Ryanair in less than a year. I don't feel like going the same way, not yet. And I've also heard they don't take in that many girls either...
I'm only 21 and I feel that there are other things out there than just flying jet. At least for now.

Have been thinking about Flight Instructor too. Don't know about the market for that, don't think it's as big as in the States but I would want to give it a go. As long as I can combine my two dreams, living in Australia and flying, I'll be more than happy.

Thank you for your advice!