PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fireman sam...
Thread: fireman sam...
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2002, 17:31
swinging monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nearly There,

I DO agree that low-price ghetto accomodation is not the answer, however...........
there will never be a satisfactory solution to please everyone will there?
Like you say, you cannot expect landlords to rent out accomodation for £100.00 per week when clearly they can charge £1000.00 per week (would you?)
My point is but a simple one tho'... why should the rest of the UK pay for other peoples housing in London? how do you fancy subsidising me, so that I can live in Mayfair?? you don't do you?
I live in rural Lincolnshire. I have NOTHING of the facilities that are available in the metropolis. But I can't say to my Boss 'I'm not comig to work today 'cos we don't have an Odean cinema in my village' can I?
If I decided that I wanted to live in London or in any other big city, with big city amenities, then I certainly wouldn't come cap-in-hand to the country, try to hold them to ransom simply because I couldn't afford a nice house in that location, it smacks of communism!
The only possible way forward is for the 'Fat Cat' people & companies who DO live in London and the SE to PAY for the services themselves, and NOT expect the rest of the UK to cough up.
As for paying the essential services enough to 'live in dignity' well it all sounds wonderful but, how would any of us feel if we found that the man who empties our bins, or sweeps the roads is earning far more than we are, but was able to live in a Chelsea flat?? I fear that many of us would be complaining to our MP that our council tax was too high, or that our Income tax was being wasted, and all so that Mr Bloggs can live in a nice house in London. No, sorry, that's NOT on.

Rant over, it's a problem isn't it?

Anyway, to you Grob Driver, have you been intercepted by those nice US Marines yet and their little toy with the sting in the tail?? watch your 6!!!

As for Vegas, keep a close eye open for the other US cowboys that operate out of Nellis! and remember, area 51 'aint far away!! so keep an even closer eye open for them!!
I remember a flag ex out of Nellis where some old time farmer, in a crop sprayer, entered one of the Nellis ranges. All hell broke loose, so be careful out there!! and lastly in Vegas - keep it in yer pants!!!

Best wishes to all.
The swinging Monkey
'Caruthers, it's time for my evening nap, fetch me a G&T'

Last edited by swinging monkey; 30th Nov 2002 at 20:07.