PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIG Announcement coming from QF?
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2012, 13:43
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C'mon guys, do you really think you are the only ones in the world that can maintain aircraft?

Time to burst open the doors of the "sheltered workshop" and let some long awaited reality in.

MP
Of course we're not the only ones in the world that can maintain aircraft. No one else maintained aircraft like we did though. QANTAS was once the benchmark that everyone else looked to. Now, we're just like everyone else and getting worse.

From an engineer's perspective, we took ownership of the aircraft we worked on. We didn't just do the jobs the cards said to do. If we saw a problem outside the "zone", it was fixed.

Aircraft reliability WAS at an all-time high. Aircraft groundings were virtually unheard of. Sure inflight service may not have been the best, but our aircraft were.

And as Mr Joyce said today, "We can't keep propping up the past with the future". What clowns like yourself MP and the twelve sitting perched on the board don't realise or care about is that if it wasn't for the maintenance practices of the past we wouldn't have made it to today.

MP, I hope you feel all safe and secure when you fly on an aeroplane that is maintained to just the bare minimum, because you may just make a landing on your bare backside.

I hope I've opened the doors wide enough to let enough reality into your sheltered workshop and your very narrow perspective of what aircraft maintenance should be.