PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Type Rating Scheme
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2002, 17:18
Honest Fr@nk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or it may attract ex-BWA ATP pilots still looking to get back in the air again such as myself. But could I be turned down for being OVER qualified with 2000 hours?????? That will really be taking the p*ss. Turned down for not having enough experience ( ie. a jet rating) then 6 months down the line, and not having flown once, being over qualified.

It seems to be a good scheme. I initially thought it was like the Ryanair scheme-pay for it yourself up front. Well I haven't got that sort of cash lying around nor have I rich parents to look after little Johnny.

After losing my job almost a year ago I am desperate to get back into the industry again. Whoever has been made redundant from a job they adore will know what I mean. Those who meander through life with the lucky spoon in their mouths will obviously not know. Can you imagine a fully qualified Airline Pilot with experience working in a cold and damp warehouse driving a forklift. Well thats what I do to pay the bills at the moment. Rather bleak isn't it. Yes I know there would be a reduced salary for 5 years but I would accept that.

Question---Doesn't every sponsored ab-initio cadet start on a reduced salary when they join their respective airline because of the training costs(whether part sponsored or fully sponsored).Well how different is the easyJet type rating sponsorship scheme except obviously the costs?