PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OWNERS the LAMPS Replacement consultation has started
Old 16th Feb 2012, 06:52
jxk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
#11 Nutloose - I have to agree to everything you said: common-sense no longer comes into the equation. The current bunch of CAA surveyors seem to have no idea about the GA side of the industry. The licensed engineers with years of experience are being replaced by tick-box paperwork and accountable managers, quality insurance, schedules and the like - not very suitable for 2/3 man organisations. I was probably under the misapprehension that these kind of changes had to be cost justified; so where is the prove that these changes will improve quality or safety. I know that some owners feel in the past that the workmanship has not always up to standard but Part M does absolutely nothing to improve this.
This newly proposed individual maintenance schedule will do nothing more than the LAMP and the SB and AD research already accomplishes and just incur further expense for the owners because of the CAA involvement.