PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta Crew Attitude
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2012, 03:25
peterbuckstolemymeds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes...

... you get what you give.

As more and more of us fly more and more,for less and less money, the "glory days" of passenger flight have imo gone. Not just for passengers, but also for the CC. These people are generally not well paid and, in my perception, often not treated especially respectfully. We're asking too much to be treated like royalty. This ain't the 1930s.

In my experience, if you make just a little extra effort, with a smile and a voiced how's-your-day-going and maybe a little empathy/appreciation for the cabin crew member looking after you at that moment, unexpectedly nice things DO happen, and more frequently than you might imagine.

Please don't misunderstand me; I don't get to fly biz instead of econ because I'm kind, but my face IS being remembered during multiple services, I share a smile, maybe a little cheerful banter, my choice of drink might be remembered (like it probably was in the 30s!) and I'll often not pay for one of two of them. It's (I hope) refreshing for everyone, and it doesn't cost a thing. Plus, you get to deplane feeling better than those whose expectations were too high and consequently not met.

Of course, there are exceptions. That's another post, tho.

PB