PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2012, 23:01
737lpa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The reason we are so excited to have you join as a Direct Entry Captain is because the last 3 DEC's that joined AJX are all unemployed now."

I understand that this job has that bit of a gamble, but I think I could come back to RYR after a year with my head down, should I fail the training, and get my job back. I've been here long enough for that and those irishmen can always use a known troubleless driver like me. It's not like I plan to slam the door on the way out.

Besides, if I fail, I would have still gotten paid for 9 months, with hotel paid for, and have the chance to experience Japan and their ways, not to mention the SIM experience and training which will definetely help me on my next hunting spree.

What I don't understand that much though, is why are you "so excited" about seeing 3 people go down the drain...

I can only think that maybe some of you who are inside think that by not getting people to apply, management would struggle somewhat and improve terms, which I can sympathize with, although everyone knows that they will keep coming. Or maybe some disappointed F/O's who were waiting for their upgrade obviously don't appreciate DEC's applying and jumping the q, which I can totally understand even more.

In any case, don't forget that I'm coming from RYR, and that is pretty much the bottom of the pyramid, so don't think I don't understand these feelings because I have been contracting myself for over 2 olympic games now and if you think your management is playing rough on you, wait until you fly an aircraft with a blue arp on its tail where you stir you own coffe in a plastic cup of hot water while you see your conditions degrade for every single mile you fly.

I have definetely valued your comments on the risk of not suceeding, and I'm most grateful for your advice, but from where I'm coming from, I'll just be happy if they manage to put a stop to my deglamourization process and teach me how to grab a fork and knife again and how to put a tie around my neck in the morning, something I haven't done in quite some time now.

If on top of that I'm lucky enough to learn how to fly a heavy boat on a decent carrier, while making twice my pay and flying half the hours in a new and challenging environment, I'll just consider it the icing on the cake...