PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Junior GR3 a waste?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2012, 20:03
an3_bolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Similar thing happened to me 20 odd years ago.

Did the G3 rating. Carrots dangled and insinuations made. At completion a complete change in repore - "sure you can work for us - you will be expected to man the desk - but that will not be at our cost. You can use our AOC but you will have to bring in your own students."

Unfortunately - I had been completely had. Too young, trusting and nieve.

Spent a couple of months working nights in restaurants whilst sniffing for work and doing ATPL subjects by day.

As soon as ATPL subjects done - packed bags and went west. Things started moving in the right direction once I took that path.....

As it turns out - several years later one employer down the track found out that I had a lapsed G3 and paid for me to renew it, with the condition that I do a little bit of instructing here and there for them apart from the other duties. Worked out to be the perfect timing and I really enjoyed it......a little bit more experienced and mature, doing just a little bit of instructing here and there........they were all still trying to kill me but it wasn't in a Traumahawk or 152 Peddalcart.