PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces pension
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2012, 14:48
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me or can people see major trouble ahead for the armed forces and senior leadership? Its not just pensions; the changes afoot have already made a couple of very capable junior officers turn round to seniors and declare their hand - that promotion isn't worth the stress when you compare the crap to the monetary gain. And believe me, the pension is THE ONLY reason it seems today that people are seeking promotion. Most are now biffing off JOD or whatever it is called and giving bristol groundschool a call. Who blames them?

Get yourself to WinCo, hit your ceiling and look forward to 5 years in a non-flying related job sans Flying Pay according to the new career path for senior officers.

sounds as if the idea of promotion seriously (and increasingly) sucks c0ck. And as many are pointing out, where will be the political will for new and significant FRI in the current age of austerity? I cant see it happening until a full retention crisis is upon us. At least a senior manager at tescos doesnt put up with a 100% audit rate on their allowances system.

Mediocrity - the new standard.