PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2012, 10:52
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub, AdM, what is your interest in this stuff? Are you shareholders / managers in CTC or in EZY and profiting from every overprized training a cadet buys? Your constant touting of untruths are astonishing.
I can only speak for myself, but the interest is borne out of 15 years of direct involvement. I am neither a manager or shareholder in either company, and I do not profit in anything related to this subject. It is not an "untruth," in fact quite the opposite, hence the comments and observation.

There are several sponsorships available where a real contract awaits you. BA is only one of them.
Well, yes there are, but do you know who is charged with administering the sponsorship programme? CTC. Even so, with this and a couple of other cadet programmes, there is no guarantee of "a real contract" awaiting you. Nevertheless there are better terms applicable to certain other schemes also adminstered by CTC. The problem is, (and I say this again,) they haven't been around for the last few years, when EZY has indeed been pretty much the only game in town.

BA have dipped their toe back into the cadet programme, and Monarch have taken around 30 cadets over the last 12 months, so things are improving a little, but despite this EZY has still far and away been the largest cadet destination from this source.

Then there is still the military option where you get great and intensive training.
Yes, but few wannabes use it as a civil apprenticeship, and even if that were not the case, the requirements, standards, and demands of a military career are far removed from the realistic elements of this particular discussion.

From CPT's I would expect more responsible action, to paint an honest picture about what is going on out there, not to sell some sort of scam as the only game in town.
Well, you might, but that would ignore the reality of the situation. What is being said here is an honest appraisal of the situation. The fact you don't like it isn't salient to the observation.

I am selling nothing, however if my son or daughter insisted on a career in this industry in todays market, this is the route I would honestly advise them to take.

£10000 living costs are you having a laugh

I would say 18months at your current average UK salary is about £36000 take home pay whilst you are doing all your training before you wipe your feet on big shiny jet carpet
No, that would be about right. Obviously it is a very subjective figure, but for a student living frugally that £10,000 would be a reasonable ballpark number. That is what recently graduated cadets tell me. I am not sure what you are alluding to, since these cadets are not earning an "average UK salary" whilst they complete a full time course of training, much of it overseas.

Much respect for your views but would be sensible of you to identify your exact role with regards to CTC if any.
Thank you, but I don't have a role with them.