PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 command or Emirates f/o
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2012, 05:13
Silver Spur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I was in the same Position to make a decision a few years back, well in fact exactly the same, I turned down a definite YES from EK, to take a command on 737CL (not in India, but not an ideal employer by any means).

All I can say is, although your machine is a lot better and marketable than mine, but 4 bars is not going to aleviate the constant and ongoing mental pressure working for An airline in a non developed country, especially in my case, being pressured to break rules by the so called mgmt pilots on a daily basis.

Long story short, I wish I had taken the EK FO instead...... If I did, I would have been into my fourth year, and I dont think I am too optimistic if I say I would have been atleast close to half way to EK command.

Another thing is, Maybe anyone could answer me, I submitted my application to DEC position @ flydubai, and immidiately received a reply saying thatbthey cannot proceed further with my application.... Anything to do at all with me turningbdown EK offer few years back??

And by the way, I had another go at EK before applying to flydubai, and the system simply prevents me for applying.....

Back to topic. So I suggest, considering your age, I would strongly recommend you to accept the offer from EK.

Good luck!!!