PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 525 Relentless
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2012, 23:26
MLHeliwrench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
214ST similarity

We shall see whats under the hood, so-to-speak.

The CT7-2A powers the 214ST so I would not be surprised to see if they use the C-Box from the ST for these new CT7-F models.

I could not tell from any of the pictures if the cabin is open beneath the mast. Anyone have any pictures showing this? They may even keep the Transmission from the ST if there is a "hell hole". I would hope they make a simpler single "big gear" one like the 429 which would keep it all on the roof.

When I was on the Bell 214ST maintenance training course two years ago, one day there were 6 bell design engineers crawling all over the training airframe taking notes. We joked with them and asked if bell was coming out with a 414! They said we weren't to far off.....

All I know is I sure hope they found a better way to start the damn GE engines rather than using 8 relays to put the batteries in series after 6 seconds, then take the generators off the bus and straight to the other engine letting them rip up to 40 volts/ 600 amps. I am sure these new engines are full FADEC and starts will be a simple computerized affair.