PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2012, 22:21
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stelios has his own agenda. He has been kicking up a fuss about various things and bonuses are just the latest. Do I agree with the bonuses? That depends but let's face it, big bonuses come with big business and Easyjet aren't the exception by any stretch. Bonuses may seem excessive but that's the going rate regardless of whether it's ethical or not. What I will say in support of the board, Carolyn McCall in particular, is that they have turned OTP around incredibly from a historical low of Summer 2010 to the best summer in its 16 year history in 2011. Profit has exceeded expectation, pax numbers have generally increased and so has yield. So whist we can debate the bonus figure, we really can't argue the premise behind the bonus payment. I can be their biggest critic at times but looking at it in cold hard business facts, I arrive at my above judgement.

With such a strong performance from Easyjet you have to ask yourself what actually is Stelios' problem?

The card fee: I've already conceded that I think legislation should be brought in to level the playing field and stop things such as booking fee's, admin fee's, fuel surcharges etc..... Not just with airlines but everywhere. However, my argument on singe travellers is this. It's a booking fee....one transaction is one booking so why should someone pay more than once just because there are multiple people on the one booking? I visited a car park in Barnsley today. I arrived at the same time as a family yet I had to pay the same as 4 people. Is it fair? Yes because you pay per car just like you pay per booking at EZY. Get over it.

Last edited by easyflyer83; 11th Oct 2012 at 21:27.