PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lagos- The freight apron
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2002, 07:24
gema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weekly update.
Yes the SACOL warehouse looks a mess. Have had a man in LOS these past three days. Seems that 2 forklifts colided whilst moving batteries and other flamable cargo with a big fire as result. All those love textiles. Am appraised that the charred heap is 2x2x30 metres. We have some pics and will post once scanned in.

Okay so now Airport Management agree and have started painting lines at the FR* apron. (One small step....). The electric man agrees that the lights could actually be fixed and that they should then work(Before candle power Africa actually had electricity... Check out the Pax terminal).

The overturned FMC is being removed as of this post.

The Acft scrap metal(B727,B707 etc dealers will be evicted to another part of the airport. We did reccomend that the areas between,at the ends or of the RWYS are not good ideas.

They will in due course..B4 THE MAN comes 2C them again. Paint some parking bay numbers on the FR8 apron.
Fellow FR8RATS B warned you will yet be allocated a bay no at the FR8 apron in Lagos.

THE MAN has shown the Coms Department how to ensure that the WXS 4CSTS frm the WXSMAN for Los and other airports are transmitted via SITA. Am working on getting it to Bracknell for distribution on SADIS and also into the SITA SWANS system. Will take a bit of time (One small step...) They are actually sending it direct to me.I have had to brush up on my WXS QCodes.

Will keep U all updated when the MAN arrives back on Mon. Any contributions into helping fix LOS and Africa including south of the Limpopo are welcome.

Now shall I start a tread on FIH/Kinshasha.... No am going to leave that 4 braver RATS than me. There is something about being bitten 3 times that..... we will leave it at that.

In Afrikaans GEE MA means...... Nou ja toe.