PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 14th Feb 2012, 15:38
Tritzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would have to sign an attractive contract tomorrow if i dont manage to discuss the package. but i want to go to qatar, not least for personal reasons. the thing is, is it 100% sure that everyone who recieved the good news also gets a contract? if i certainly know the type rating would start in september or sometime around, i could plan accordingly. but as i didnt sign any contract yet with qatar, it makes things difficult. its hard to trust if you have been fooled several times in a similar way (which doesnt implicate that qr would do so, im just saying). and i am only there as second officer. there are not many availabilties at the moment. so if i screw up my backup plan im with the back to the wall. no one knows how long the SO program still goes, i think for now they even locked it again. and people with hours and a typerating get preferred over us - which is only fair - . but therefore i cannot rely on just a positive assessment. ive had positive assessments before, and then - ... nothing. economical crisis, etc.
i should go ride some taxi for the next months.... but even taxi companies have contracts, lol.
any ideas?