PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2012, 15:35
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Immediately after the crash, the family of the co-pilot thought that he was employed by Manx2. They were upset that the 'airline' hadn't been in touch to offer support. The lawyer for the passengers made much of the lack of support from Manx2 for a passenger that had to be repatriated and described Manx2 as the carrier. Yet Manx2 has escaped any blame or being a party to the action. Only the other day a passenger of Manx2 described them to me as the airline that always gets in, whatever the weather. Of course it is a different aircraft operator to the one at Cork but the common factor is the ticket seller, Manx2. Of course I'm not suggesting that any other Manx2 operator has made an illegal approach (inserted by my lawyer).

Quote from Mr. Healy-Pratt at the time of the accident.

Mr. Healy-Pratt made the following statement previously to IOM Today, "They promised support and when asked for support, they promptly backed away and said it wasn't their problem." He also sent us this response:

"The short point is an old one, if something walks, talks and looks like a duck, then it usually is a duck."

"Manx 2 identified the route.
Manx2 leased in an operator and crew to fly the route.
Manx2 started an operations base at Belfast for the route.
Manx2 marketed the route, as a Manx2 route.
Manx2 gave the route a Manx2 flight code (NM).
Manx2 had its name on the nose of the plane.
Manx2 'welcome the passengers on board this Manx2 flight'
Manx2 made profit from the route.
Manx2's ticket terms and conditions are not clear."

"Our view is that in any Court in the US, UK, EU, or Ireland, Manx2 would be held jointly responsible with Flightline BCN."

"We are interested to know what due diligence Manx2 did in using Flightline - to what extent did they know about the October 2001 fatal crash with a Metroliner in Spain and the under-insurance problems. We are also interested to know the extent of the Manx2 operation at Belfast with this flight. We understand Manx2 paid for all fuel for the aircraft."

Last edited by runway30; 14th Feb 2012 at 17:09. Reason: Addition