PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2012, 15:13
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aterpster has it I think.

They want to get at someone because nothing appears to be happening while the investigation is on going.

BCN is carrying on

MANX2 is continuing and expanding although they do seem to be using a British AOC holder more these days.

And the owners and people that empolyed thier son have legged it.

And all they can see is a manky rotting metro sitting in IOM.

The fact is that BCN has a manky fleet of old TP's which arn't worth much and are more than likely leased in through another company to protect the assets . Any sign that they will have to pay anything and they will just go out of buisness. The same directors/owners will start up again a few days later and nothing will have changed.

Personally I think the report is going to become a Tenerife like case study and is going to be used for years to come for CRM courses which ain't going to be pleasant for the family, as I don't expect the outcome of the report to be even slightly neutral about the crew.

The fall out with oversight etc is going to be the main area of interest I think although I feel they might use EASA as an escape "Now that everything is EASA everything has changed"

But as we all know most of our familys don't really have a clue about the job or what legal responsabilitys we take on every time we operate an aircraft. They don't know that our jobs are defined by an act of parliment through the ANO. They don't get that you work for a company but your license also means that you have a duty to refuse to do certain things. Its not the case that if the company tells you to do something it is then there problem if its illegal.

Its all very sad and I do feel for the family. I really do hope someone who does know what they are talking about legally and aviation wise gets hold of them and puts them straight. This case will end in tears there is no two ways about it win or loose.